Need Help with configuring the MB screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by diman1881, Mar 19, 2009.

1. diman1881 macrumors newbie

So I have read a bunch of posts with issues on the MB screen. Mine is coming in the mail today (MB Alluminum 2.4 Ghz, (I am upgrading to 4 GB of RAM), 250 GB HD... fairly standard.

I plan on using the MB 90% of the time for web surfing, movies, email, etc and maybe upto 10% for some basic phot edditing. Can anyone recomend the optimal settings for the screen??? I want to make sure that I have the best resolution (for me) so that if it's not good enough (doubtfull) I can return it and get the MBP.

Thanks in advance!!!

PS this is my first Mac so please make sure to be as detailed as possible...

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The resolution is "fixed" at 1280x800.

What you're thinking of is the color calibration. Either search around here for a profile, or calibrate it yourself using the built-in calibration wizard. (System Preferences--->Display--->Color--->Calibrate)

3. waiwai macrumors regular

Just go into the display settings and select the max resolution which is 1280x something forgot and then click on the TV color profile... (there are 2 available, one is for Mac and the other is standard universal tv/monitor calibration).

however... if u want to get the full potential of your screen u'd need to get it calibrated by a screen calibrator... spyder2express or spyder3 pro are some good ones.

4. diman1881 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I can't wait to play with the new :apple: tonight!

5. gerabbi macrumors regular

do yourself a favor and search for "screen calibrations" on macrumors.
    You will find some great screen calibrations there. I'm using one called "JC" and it makes my UMB screen look great. HTH.

6. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

I have a screen calibration (I did myself) that a lot of people seem to be real happy with.. If your interested let me know and I can send it to you..

7. polska9 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.76 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126)

I second JC being the best I've tried

8. diman1881 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I will definately give it a shot!