Need Help With Decision Regarding MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bizon, Sep 21, 2009.

  1. Bizon macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2009
    #1
    Few weeks back, my MBP was stolen when on vacation. Luckily, my Home Insurance had covered the loss and now I have purchased a MBP (15 inch with 3.06 ghz chip).

    My question is as follows:
    Should I return the MBP and wait for the next upgrade?


    As it stands, I have home computer that for the time being I could live with. Even if the upgrade does not come until January, I could wait (although that is a bit long).

    Really what it comes down to is, what is the general feeling with regard to Apple upgrading the MBP? Will be be before year end? Will it be within the next couple of weeks along with the Macbooks (as was suggested by the rumor)? Or will the next upgrade not come until January or February whenever that annual event is?
     
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #2
    Update depends on Intel's release schedule. If Arrandale is available before December, yes we may see an update before 2010.

    You already have the top of the line MBP which is very capable machine. I would keep it
     
  3. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #3
    I don't think we're going to see any nehalem based MBPs in 2009. As it stands, apple already did some updates to its line and there's nothing more to do, short of adding arrandale/clarksfield and something this major, I'd bet they'd not want to rush it into the pipeline.
     
  4. brendu macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2009
    Location:
    USA
    #4
    keep that beast.. no update will make that significant a change for the MBP in the next year.. unless your using every possible mhz of computing power, and really... are you?
     

Share This Page