Need help with deleted files! stupid mistake.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rudrakabir, Aug 21, 2013.

1. rudrakabir, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013

rudrakabir macrumors newbie

Hello Everybody,

I need some enormous help.

I have a 1 TB hard drive, which contains ALL of my data.

Formatted as HFS.

Yesterday, I plugged in flash drive my friend had given me, and was formatting it, but instead of formatting the flash drive, I formatted the HDD.

It is a pure data drive no boot.

Well, it was HFS, and i was partitioning to FAT.

I noticed, and plugged it out mid format. Now, It refuses to mount, and i don' know what to do.

Please help me.

Also, if it helps, it was a seagate goflex, and was nearly full.

2. simsaladimbamba

To retrieve files, that have been deleted and also been emptied from the Trash or are on unrecognisable partitions or HDDs or on accidentally formatted partitions or HDDs, you can use

• Data Rescue 3 - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (99 USD)
    • Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (99 USD)
    • FileSalvage - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (99 USD)
    • DiskDrill - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (79 USD)
    • Nice To Recover - trial lets you scan for free, but recovery needs a purchase (69.95 USD)

3. rudrakabir thread starter macrumors newbie

Will this work even though i ripped out the drive midformat???

Also, Are there any specific advantages to either of these??

Thanks.

4. Judith123 macrumors member

Almost all the data recovery software support free to scan, but purchase to recover. Some software has free version, but only support to recover bmp/jpg/tif/png and mp3 files.

Based on your situation, I suggest you to purchase one software. You can firstly use free trial to scan your lost files, then to decide whether you need it or not.