Need help with Diskwarrior 5

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MrLrodk, Jul 6, 2016.

1. MrLrodk macrumors newbie

MrLrodk

I booted my 2007 imac onto Diskwarrior 5s thumb drive today and was able to run a scan to rebuild the directory. My imac had been unable to boot for a couple of days now and i was trying to rule out any issues with the startup directiry after multiple failed Disk Utility attempts to recognize the volume and/or correct the problem. Once the Diskwarrior scan was complete, a report popped up where you can preview the changes, then click either "cancel" to abort or "replace" to apply the new directory. Unfortunately the "replace" button is grayed out and i don't know how to get it to display so that i can click on it to approve the new directory. Any suggestions?
    --- Post Merged, Jul 6, 2016 ---
    This is what the report looks like, except the "REPLACE" button on the lower right is shaded out.

Attached Files:

2. JohnDS macrumors 65816

3. MrLrodk thread starter macrumors newbie

MrLrodk

I will call them first thing in the morning. Oddly enough my second imac is now having the same exact issue. I had connected both imacs last night in target mode to try and do a disk repair from the working one. But today that one is out if commision as well. Could this be a virus?

4. chrfr macrumors 603

It's not a virus. It's likely that there's something else going on; Alsoft support will get you sorted out. Please post back here once you've talked to them to see what they say.

5. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

6. huperniketes macrumors regular

huperniketes

It doesn't look like he's been back.