Need help with DRMed eBook.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by D-Love, Sep 2, 2008.

1. D-Love macrumors regular

I recently bought an eBook. I do not have a laptop and would like to print off some of the pages of this to take with me. Only thing is it won't let me screen capture or anything else. I tried playing around with it but it seems they have most of the bases covered with this. Outside of actually taking a digital camera and taking snapshots of the screen, LOL, is there a way to work around this?

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

What do you mean when you say it won't let you do a screen capture?

When you try:
    -Is the system generating an error message?
    -Is it that you can't find the captured image, so you assume it's not working?
    -That you can't figure out how to make it work in the first place?

Give us an idea of the exact problem and we may be able to help. Also, some system specs would be useful, particularly the OS and basic hardware configuration.

3. D-Love thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the response. First of all, if I try and use Grab it does send me an error message as the program is causing a conflict with the protected eBook(reason obvious lol). I cannot open the eBook without closing Grab first.

When I try the Command/shift 3 (I think that is what it was, the screen gets captured but the eBook page is left off so all I get is my desktop and dock.

I have a new 24 inch iMac running the most current version of OS X.

4. kalex macrumors 65816

have u tried shift + Apple +4 key and drawing an area of what you want to capture?

5. D-Love thread starter macrumors regular

Heh. Yah, its too smart for that. Found a great program tho, called "Capture Me". Its freeware that overlays a window over your screen and allows you to capture it. Works great, I just save the page to my documents then go in and print. A little time consuming, but it works! www.chimoosoft.com is the site, found it on Google. :)