Need Help With Dumb Theme App Uninstall

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by TheG3Guy, Jan 17, 2009.

1. TheG3Guy macrumors member

TheG3Guy

ugh....installed crystal clear for mac on my powermac g5 dual 2ghz with 3.5gb/x800 xt and osx 10.5.6............it did as said..made some windows transparent....and now CANNOT uninstall! It is VERY annoying and takes more memory and CPU power away from me. There is no input______ something folder in system/library.....and cannot find setalphavalue.....I also have several delete apps that thouroghly delete all trace files and cannot find the crystal clear app. I will have to reinstall if i cannot solve this...please HELP!:eek:

2. Bethany-Wings macrumors member

Bethany-Wings

You too!? That happened with me as well! Someone better tell us how to get rid of this!! It's annoying, and it's slowing my computer down too much for me to use photoshop!

3. Bethany-Wings macrumors member

Bethany-Wings

Woah...hang! I just figured it out.

You had to install Shapeshifter, right? Well, all you do is look up "shapeshifter" in your spotlight search, drag all the things that have to do with the shapeshifter program (it'll also bring up the crystal clear theme in the search, since that's that it uses to open it). You won't be able to delete it all at the moment, since some of it is still running. You then restart your computer, and once the computer is all booted up, delete the little buggers.

Worked for me.

4. TheG3Guy thread starter macrumors member

TheG3Guy

well unfortunately for me i have leopard and dont use shapeshifter....so it was hard wired in. I just reinstalled leopard screw it