Need Help with embedding iframe in iweb

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by NFLBlitze1, Jan 6, 2009.

1. NFLBlitze1 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

thanks for the help in advanced, i wrote a basic script to embed an iframe into it to show off a set of portfolios. the link to the page is here.

http://www.officereinvention.com/Cindy/Portfolio.html

my aim, is if you notice there are 4 buttons at the bottom, i am initially creating 4 pages with the work in catagories (ie, logos, exhibit graphics, package designs, advertising). My question is, how do i make it so when you click one of the buttons on the bottom it will affect the iframe only.

that is the code i used to portray the embeded iframe, please let me know.

By the way, i know iframes are very 90's and aren't the best way to do things these days but im trying to work within the infrastructure of iweb. Thanks!!

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Add a name attribute to the iframe. Then once you create a link around those buttons make sure the target attribute for the link i set to the name attribute of the iframe.

Simplistic example.
    HTML:
    <iframe name="meframe" ...>

<a href="content.html" target="meframe">button</a>
    Also, frames are very 90s, iframes are early 2000s :) They still have their place though and I try to avoid them, but iWeb does limit you.

3. NFLBlitze1 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks angelwatt always a pleasure, one more thing that i would like to know, is there a way to set the iframe to only show the scroll bar when the page exceeds predetermined size of the iframe?

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Have you tried setting the scrolling attribute to 'auto?' You probably don't need that attribute at all, which should default back to auto on its own.