Need help with Exchange email account

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Luke1robb, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

So I'll keep this short. My school's IT dept. changed our exchange to a newer version and new domain. I used to have the mail account set up and it pushed perfectly. Now the domain isn't lying up.

So the domain used to be mail.bryant.edu/exchange and now its webmail.bryant.edu/exchange. I've tried simply changing the domain name in the set up screen as well as trying to set up a new account with the info, but no dice.

Anyone have any ideas or potential fixes? I plan on calling them on Monday, but I was hoping to get it fixed and set up today.

Thanks for your help in advance,
    Luke

2. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

So your not using ActiveSync?

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Not sure that the domain would change in these circumstances - it's the AD Domain that the exchange server is hosted on and would be a big job to change it.
    Have you tried leaving the domain the same and changing the host from mail.bryant.edu to webmail.bryant.edu?

4. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

For your username, don't use domain/username, just input your username in that field.

5. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

I should have explained and written it clearer, I apologize. I meant the server probably needs to be changed, not the domain. I have always left domain empty and just put in username/password. Is there something I should be doing?

I'm not sure, would you mind explaining the differences and benefits as well as how I would go about setting it up?

6. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

So here's what I've tried:

I put these values in the "Server" field:

mail.bryant.edu
    mail.bryant.edu/exchange
    webmail.bryant.edu
    webmail.bryant.edu/exchange

All while leaving the domain field empty. Ideas?

7. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Luke, the best test is to try doing all these settings via the Web. Go to your OWA site and login. Take the same steps and build your configuration on your iphone.

Just validate everything through the web.

8. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Use the DOMAIN you log into when you are on campus.

9. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

So if I go into my mail account (webmail.bryant.edu), look where? Options?

So when I was on campus this year, I went to mail.bryant.edu to get my mail, but that was before the change, so now it would be webmail.bryant.edu as my domain?

Thanks for all the help by the way djinn.