Need Help with final cut pro X problem

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jfreak623, May 12, 2015.

1. jfreak623 macrumors 6502

This has been driving me crazy for the longest time and I'm finally trying to find an answer for it. Can someone tell me WHY in final cut pro x if I place a transition on a logo ABOVE a layer it effects the bottom layer as well?? Is there a workaround for this? Drives me crazy cause if I wanted that transition on the bottom layer I would add it to there.

Here is what I am doing. I am bringing a logo in with Bloom Transition but it is applying this effect to the layer below it and I dont want it to. HELP!

2. pemb145 macrumors newbie

Could it be that your logo has a transparent background, and the transition is showing through?

3. Unami macrumors 6502a

have you tried compound clips as a workaround (make a compound clip with the logo and its background) ?

4. coldsweat macrumors 6502

coldsweat

5. pinholestars, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015

pinholestars macrumors member

pinholestars

It looks like it's the way the bloom transition works(and most of the moving ones). As if it 'blooms' between whatever video is before the transition(even if they're not on the same storyline).

I was able to make a work around by adding one of the 'Custom' generators (the solid color) and setting the opacity to 0%. That made it so the bloom was happening to the completely transparent black solid generator first, rather than the background video.

So it seems as if it's the way the transitions are designed to work, even if it may not be the most sensible or expected way.

6. rei101 macrumors 6502a

I recommend you to go to Premiere. I was using FCPX since later this year and to edit was a pain. I started to work for a company using Premiere and it is just a bless, in two minutes you are editing pretty close to FCP 7 but with many advantages.

I like the features of FCPX but the timeline and the file management is a disaster.

7. ColdCase macrumors 68030

Premier has been a disaster at my company, no one wants to use it. Stay away.

8. phuocsandiego macrumors member

Why was it a disaster? Could you elaborate? I just hate comments like yours that doesn't give a reason why but just someone's opinion.