Need help with finding an iOS7 compatible stereo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NoobSaibotWings, Sep 28, 2013.

1. NoobSaibotWings macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I am new to the site. I hope I am posting this in the correct forum section. I am looking to purchase an iOS 7 compatible stereo system that serves as both dock and charging station WITH a remote that I can use while the devices are charging/playing. I have looked high and low and cannot seem to locate one.

I realize that Apple.com has the iHome IDL100G which can be used with lightning cable Apple devices but since the update of iOS7 I am unsure if the stereo system would be compatible. I recently downloaded iOS7 on my iPhone 4S and now am unable to use any of my cheaper alternative chargers with the device effectively. The cables are trickle charging my iPhone. I wish to buy a stereo that is MFI-compliant, can support more than one device charging simultaneously, compatible with iOS7/iPhone 5S and also have a remote that I can use independent of the actual iOS device (while it is charging) to control the music qeues.

Can any of you recommend one? If possible please provide specific brand and model number. I would great appreciate it.

Thank you for offering a forum where I can post my questions and thank you in advance.

2. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

There have been generations of plug n play stereos, since the first iPod. They're all a dead end, becoming incompatible as soon as you change your device. Either 1) get a wired dock and plug into anything with an input or 2) get something with airplay and a separate charging setup. There's a new market of receivers and radios with this capability.