Need help with fonts and font size in emails

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anonbd, Mar 9, 2013.

1. anonbd macrumors newbie

Okay, so in the past I didn’t have to use email for very important communication. I used email primary to keep in contact with family and friends and to send files.

Now, I have a university professor who is extremely specific about how to format documents you hand in to him, emails, etc. I love everything about this professor, but he’s just very strict. (I know he can set it up so that all his text appears in Verdana, but he... well, I have no idea why he doesn’t do that.)

Here is my issue: this professor wants all the emails we send him to be in Verdana using an 11 point size. That’s not an issue when writing emails on my MBA. Only issue is, on my iPhone I know some text editors will copy the format you wrote in that editor over to the mail app. For example, in Drafts I can write in Verdana in size 12 and if I copy and paste the text into mail it will reflect that.

I honestly spent over $30 purchasing plain text editors to see which one would allow me to set the font to Verdana size 11 (WriteRoom removed this feature in their last update since they received complaints from customers) and I haven’t found one editor which will give me this option.

I was just wondering if there are any other alternatives to this, or if any of you knew of a text editor that would allow me to set the font and size to what I need.

I’d gladly gift an app to anyone who can help me with this or anything really.

And I know I can just send emails on my MBA, but this professor sends out emails which are somewhat time sensitive, and I don’t always have my Mac with me, while my iPhone is always on me.

Thank you guys in advance.

***Edit***
    Drafts seems to only offer font size starting at 8 and going up in 2 point intervals. And yes, this guy can tell the difference. I really miss elementary school...

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have had professors that were picky about fonts on papers, but never one that said anything about fonts in emails. Good luck.;)

3. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

I've just checked and Pages seems to be capable of that.

Attached Files:

4. anonbd thread starter macrumors newbie

I really appreciate your post. I actually have pages and if you copy and paste it it won't keep the formatting, unfortunately.

I actually spent about $50 (just a little less) trying different text editors and I found one that works: Write 2 HD. The guys at WriteRoom also told me that they may add a switch to go back to the way things were.

Appreciate the help guys...

5. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

What's he professor of - Department of Obsessive Compulsive Behaviour?

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yeah, this seems beyond bizarre to me as well. I'd see two options here:
    Send your email from a computer
    Use the online interface through Safari to send your email

7. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Tell him your MBA and iPhone were stolen. Communicate with him by letter, written in longhand. In Latin.

8. anonbd thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol.

Political sciences. Yeah, he's something else. I love his lectures, but he definitely has OCD tendencies.