Need Help With Freezing Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by llamamagicman, Sep 21, 2008.

1. llamamagicman macrumors newbie

My iPod Touch is on the new 2.1 update, and it is stuck on the music app. It can navigate the music app freely, and play music, but then when I try to go to main screen, nothing happens. Same thing with the power button. I try to shut down, but it wont let me. I can lock it though. If I double click the home button, the little close/music button pops up, but nothing happens. Need Help Please!

Thanks

2. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

Are you OK with restoring? If you have jailbroken, I would recommend QuickPwning your device (its easy enough) or Pwning your device with WinPwn/PwnageTool again. Sometimes you have to restore to get rid of errors like this.

Steps:

Connect to iTunes and click Restore > Restore and Update. (This gets rid of a Pwn/Jailbreak, so thats why you have to do it again). If that fails:

Recovery Mode steps:

Hold Power and Home for 6 or so seconds until it turns off. DO NOT use the Slide to Power Off screen. Keep holding them until the Apple Logo appears then let go of the Power Button immediately. Keep holding the home button until the "Connect me to iTunes or Else..." screen shows up. Then restore. It should work.

P.S. If you can get to the Recovery Mode screen, you know your Home Button is not faulty. Because you can lock, the power button is working. After you restore, post back here with your progress. If you are still having problems, I will try and assist you more :D.

Cheers!

3. llamamagicman thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, thanks! I did jailbreak when I first got the touch, but then restored it like a month ago...so I don't think it was that. I dont know what it is, but Home+Power, the hard reeboot sorta thing, got it back. Thanks so much! Without the rest of the Touch, and the Music App was all I could use, then I would be paying $300 for basically an iPod Classic with 8G :D