Need help with Get Tube

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by derek1984, Jul 26, 2009.

1. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

I recently downloaded Get Tube and would like to be able to have a song in mp3 format off You Tube. The problem I am having is finding where the song goes after I download it off Get Tube. I went into preferences and selected the song to go into my users/name/downloads but when I look in there after the song is done, it is not there. In fact, it is no place to be found. Anyone know why I might be having this problem? Thanks!!

2. derek1984 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I still don't understand where my file that I have downloaded from Get Tube is going. It's nowhere to be found. I guess I am just going to give up with this. Are there any other programs or ways I could go about having a video on you tube convert into an mp3 for me? Thanks

3. madog macrumors 65816

madog

There is TubeTV, but that would require you to use garageband to seperate the audio from the video track.

4. derek1984 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Seeing as there are no other threads on anyone having problems with get tube on this forum, I went to see if youtube had some videos on how to properly install this. One thing I noticed was that people were having the option to select Safari or FireFox when setting this up. I never get to a screen that shows this. Is this part of the problem? This program is acting like I have the video I want in mp3 format downloaded, but it just doesn't show up anywhere on my hard drive. What is really frustrating about this is that the get tube program really offers nothing in the help section that it has.