Need help with getting iPhone (Outside US)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hanheng, Sep 30, 2007.

1. hanheng macrumors newbie

Hey, I got a few question on getting an iPhone
    1. when u guy get an iphone from the store (apple or at&t) how much do u have to pay for the phone? how about the contract
    2. is it true that if u don't activate iPhone with iTune then you don't have any contract with the at&t?
    3. I have a few friend living in US, is it possible if I ask my friend to buy it and send it to me without any contract with at&t? so which mean that I only have to pay 399$ and tax, that's it? Please confirm.

I am asking just because I'm afraid that when u buy the phone u have to sign the contract right away at the store and you have to pay for the activation fee too.

2. showtime macrumors 6502

Buying an iPhone is the same as purchasing any other product from the Apple store. You just take it up to the cashier and they ring you up. $399 + tax. The whole activation process is taken care of through itunes so you'll only have to pay an activation fee if you activate your phone with at&t through itunes.

3. hanheng thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man! can't wait to touch the iPhone, now still have problem with shipping though, need to wait until someone come to my country.:D