Need help with hooking up iphone 2g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brando06, Aug 30, 2008.

1. brando06 macrumors regular

Ok so i am buying an iphone 2g off of craigslist. I am currently a Telus customer, but will be getting a sim card off of craigslist as well and either getting a pay as you go or month to month with rogers. Can someone please help me out with how i will go about this. If i want a month to month voice plan, do i need to sign a contract?? Because i have not been with rogers?? Can i just phone them up with my sim card number?? Please give me any advice that you may be able to give me!!

2. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Only thing I can help you with is you don't need to get the SIM card off of CL. You can just get one with the carrier. I don't think I would trust getting a SIM card from anyone other than the carrier.

3. brando06 thread starter macrumors regular

So i do not need to buy a phone in order to buy a sim card??

4. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Not in the US. With AT&T if I need a new SIM card I just go into an AT&T store and speak with a sales rep. I don't know why Canada would be any different. Especially if you choose to go PAYG, just go to Rogers and tell them you are going PAYG and need a SIM card. But I could be wrong as I hear Rogers is a bit uptight.

FYI, even if you have to buy a SIM card, I wouldn't buy it from anyone other than the cellular provider.

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

no you do not you can go to any rogers store and get one for 25 dollars...