Need help with iCloud and music

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mccjim12, Apr 12, 2014.

1. mccjim12 macrumors member

I'm pretty old fashioned about storing music. I never really warmed up to cloud storage and consequently never really used it.

I bought an iPad Air last fall and due to it having iOS 7 I automatically had access to all of my iTunes purchases in the music app. I thought that this was only the case since I was connected to wifi but the other day I noticed that even when not connected to wifi I was able to play some of the songs while some were greyed out. The ones I was able to play seemed like ones that I had listened to before but I'm not sure. I checked in settings and the songs have definitely been downloaded to the iPad.

I guess what I'm asking is does listening to them automatically download them from the cloud? I'd like to find a way to turn this off if there is one.

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Anything you've previously bought on iTunes is available for download, so you've clicked on them before to download them and now they're available offline.

If for some obscure reason you want to turn this off - and I can't think why - go to iTunes settings in Settings and turn everything off.

3. mccjim12 thread starter macrumors member

Makes sense. Thanks a lot!