Need help with iCloud and Notes app

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by armandxp, Jun 4, 2013.

1. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

I recently helped my roommate update his iPhone to iCloud. He shares an iTunes account with his spouse for app, movies, etc. The spouse already had icloud. Stupid me, when I set up his phone I used the iTunes account for his icloud account, and everything kinda merged, which isn't the main problem. I made him a new icloud account with his name so he could use it to sync all his items.

He wants to keep his notes separate. When I try to deleted the icloud account from his phone, it will delete the notes. I know how to keep the contacts etc to stay on the phone.

I set him up a separate user account on my MBA and we are backed up there, also.

I just can't figure out how to save the notes on his iphone and then use the new icloud account to sync it and keep it.

Any guesses?

2. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Probably not the best solution, but you could just log into his iCloud account on your MBA and then copy/paste the notes. They will then be on his iPhone.

3. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

You just need to manually move the notes saved on the phone over to icloud and then you're done. That's the last step.

4. armandxp thread starter macrumors 6502

armandxp

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand how to do this. Forgive my simplicity!

5. halduauthor macrumors newbie

In the future he may want use a service like evernote that could simplify this type of note management.