Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mateft

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2003
This morning I heard my iMac g5 isight fans start going at full speed. I look at the screen and there is text on the screen. Ok I know what that is its a kenal panic. So I restart. Nothing, Restart again, nothing. Finally it starts up but now I have no power to my USB keyboard or USB mouse.

I cannot press any keys to boot into anyother mode like firewire, or boot from CD, or hold the option key to book from another drive.

HELP Please.

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
Have you recently added any hardware (RAM)? If so take it out and try the boot up again. If that isn't the case I think a call to Apple Care is in order.
Good luck

mateft

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2003
I took out the extra RAM that I instaleld 3 months ago and nothing worked. If i could only get a keyboard to work I'd be fine.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Take it to Apple. If the keyboard worked, I'd recommend resetting the SMU and then attempting to start from the OSX discs again but since it doesn't, I think Apple's your only option. :(

Good luck. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.