Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chickenrice

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2007
Hi all,

I have been using iMovie for my simple videos for quite a while now, quite familiar with it.

I recently filmed some wedding videos for a friend and used 2 different video cameras.

4 tapes of footage were fine, but 1 of them just wouldn't sync with iMovie when i try downloading it.

It gives the "The camera is sending half-sized frames, which iMovie can’t accept...." etc error message.

It plays back fine on my camera's screen (of cos).
My video camera has always worked well with my powerbook, playback, capturing etc, but this time, i can't even playback nor import from this one tape.

Anyone have ideas? Could it be that this tape was accidentally recorded in LP mode?
If so, what suggestions do you have to get that footage down to a dv file so i can work on it again? I really need that footage.

Chickenrice

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2007
I tried

Have you tried capturing it through the camera you recorded the tape on?

For some reason, iMovie does not seem to detect the other camera when i run it through. Perhaps cos that camera comes with only a Camera-to-USB cable.

But the other tapes that were used by that camera were fine, it's just this one tape...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.