Need help with iMovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Arkanok, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

The other day i got around to grabbing my miniDV video camera, and importing a video me and a friend recorded a few years back. So in iMovie, i created a new project, and in the project creation screen i selected "DV video" as the video type, after importing the video, trimming the parts that were boring, i decided to start adding titles and such.

So, between a clip i added a title against a black background, in the preview window, the text looked really sharp and clear, once i hit the "add" button to add it into the timeline, i noticed that the text became kinda blurry. Is that because i chose "DV" as the video type and not one of the HD ones or something? The only reason i ask is because of course, i want the text to be sharp and not blurry.

I'm at work right now so i cant play around and test different methods till later, so to satisfy my curiosity untill i get home, i thought i'd as to see if any of you knew how to make the text on titles to look sharp.

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I notice this all the time, but after I click 'Share' and export to a final format, the video get's rendered together and it all looks fine. Basically you are watching unrendered video, so it will look blurry, and if there is motion to the text a littl echoppy, but once it is rendered, it looks good.

Brian

3. 4pples macrumors newbie

Not for me, when I upload to youtube its still blurry