Need help with imovie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by aivzdog, Aug 1, 2008.

1. aivzdog macrumors newbie

When I use imovie I make slideshows with photos and words.
    The problem is when I export it and upload it to youtube the quality sucks.
    I dont know how to fix it even though there is special things you do before exporting.
    Please help.

Anna

2. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

It's YouTube's fault - they re-encode the video again making it take up less room on their servers.

Are you using iMovie Share to YouTube option in the high quality option?

What is the URL of your video? There is a trick to force it to display the video in higher resolution...

3. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Good luck. YouTube makes crystal clear look like squashed poo. Try Vimeo instead?

4. pwdrqst macrumors newbie

I am trying to do the same thing (creating a dvd movie from photos) and the quality sucks once I finish. How to you keep the quality high????

5. aivzdog thread starter macrumors newbie

There is settings you can do when you made a movie or slideshow on imovie to make it better but i forget what to do.

Anna

6. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

When you publish it thru iMovie are you selecting the mobile size share option or the medium size? Go with the higher resolution as a starting point if you are not already.

The quality of YouTube videos is not going to be as good b/c it's compressed. Someone else mentioned Vimeo. I use them as well. The quality there is much better, but you have fewer people viewing on that site.

7. jcvalle macrumors newbie

I found out that if you upload your movies via Youtube.com it gives you horrible quality, even if your video is encoded high res..however, whenever I upload it through Share in iMovie..it usually turns out pretty nice..just select the best compression you can (tiny, mobile, medium, large..whatever the names are called)..works alright for me. Good luck..