need help with installing windows 10 on mac mini 2.1

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hooman008, May 14, 2016.

1. hooman008 macrumors newbie

hello
    i just bought this second hadn mac mini 2.1 c2d 2.3ghz 4gig ram

ive tried to install wind 10 on it i got some problems after loading it , i got a x on the sound and geting no sound at all , thats the main problem as well as some usb port seems not to be working and one unrecognized device

so any ideas how i can get the sound working ?!

thanks in advance :)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

3. Richdmoore macrumors 65816

Richdmoore

I installed Windows 10 via boot camp/upgrade from 7 to 10 twice, but each time a update messed up the video driver and I was not able to figure out how to restore it without a wipe/reinstall. This was an iMac, not a Mac mini however.

You can try to install it in unsupported hardware, hopefully you won't have the bad experience I did.

FYI, at the end of the day I just use parallels, it works great for both Xbox one game streaming, and the Logitech harmony apps to program my remote. (Last I checked, the older app was unsupported on Yosemite, the newest app broke on El Capitan.). Depending on your uses it might or might not be an alternative.

4. hooman008 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for reply , im realy new to mac stuff like 3 weeks new lol got it for tv usage only ,
    anyways i have installed the ML on it and also installed windows 10 64 , everything works on ML just lagy in youtube playback , on windows side everything is awesome but no sound , when trying to locate the typ of the audio chip i see that its some sort of intel chipest but when i wanna install the intel chipset driver the latest which i belive is 2015 it just fails ....anyideas that can make it work is appreciated

as for you Richdmoore for the GPU problem you just need to download and reinstall the GPU driver matching ur chipset thats how i made it working ,

ps youtube playback is amazing on the winodws while its supper lagy on mac os lol

im not native english speaker hope what i wrote is clear to undrestand

5. bookemdano macrumors member

Youtube is slow on MacOS because there's no driver for Macmini2,1's graphics card in OS X after Lion.

For Windows try Driver Booster (http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php) and see if that will install the audio driver for you.