Need help with installing Windows 7 via Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by musiclvr, Oct 23, 2011.

1. musiclvr macrumors member

I've tried this twice now and the installation has stalled in the same spot both times.

I burned my Windows 7 Ultimate ISO file to a DVD. I then started Bootcamp Assistant, downloaded and saved the Support files to an external hard drive, partitioned off 250GB for Windows and clicked Install. My iMac restarted and the Windows installation process began and I went through the whole set up process including formatting the partition, got past the part where you set up the date and time, and it said it was completing installation, the computer restarted and it gets stuck on a black screen with either "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD..." if I still have the installation disc in or just a black screen with "_" in the top left hand corner if I eject the installation disc.

The first time it happened, I deleted the partition and just started over again. Was hoping it would work the second time, but nope still got the same thing.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong???

2. i Smack macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have the exact same problem, really haven't a clue. Did you try installing Refit before running boot camp?

3. musiclvr thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, it's so frustrating. What is Refit?

4. i Smack macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's a boot manager. It's worth a shot!

5. BarkingGhost macrumors regular

BarkingGhost

Did you try it--since you are experiencing the same problem?