Need help with iPad Mini purchase

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by anamikaanu, Jun 24, 2014.

  1. anamikaanu macrumors newbie

    Jun 24, 2014
    Well, this will be my first ipad (&tablet ) that I'm thinking to buy and I'll be getting it from my parents on account of my dying smartphone - done with android for good !

    Portability is important , so I think the ipad mini retina is a good option for college too.
    But I'm confused about the rumoured mini 3. Should I wait for just a few more months ? Because it already is so pricey that I don't want to regret only after 3 months on seeing the new one :(

    Any help and suggestions would be greatly acknowledged.
  2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

    Jun 9, 2011
    Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    If you think you'll regret not having the latest and greatest, then by all means wait. Enjoy the anticipation! :)
  3. Night Spring macrumors G5

    Night Spring

    Jul 17, 2008
    iPad release is likely to be late October to early November, so you might be waiting for more than 3 months.
  4. anamikaanu thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jun 24, 2014
    I guess that I would have to wait and see. Even if I don't buy the new one for some reason I'll atleast get this at a lower price :/
  5. andrewsGF50 macrumors member


    Jun 4, 2014
    If you ABSOLUTELY need it and want it and cannot wait any longer hen get it. I had the same problem last year when the original iPad mini was out. My friends all had the original but I waited and bought the Retina Mini. I'm glad I did. But the good thing about iPads is that they will last a good three with upgrades and fully operational. Even if you get the Retina iPad mini (which is awesome) you'll still enjoy it. Plus, the 3rd gen mini will have little improved specs like Touch ID and a better processor (maybe - rumors suggest).;):apple:
  6. maflynn Moderator


    Staff Member

    May 3, 2009
    I'd say get it now and enjoy the iPad. If the newer models are something you rally want in the fall, then sell the current model and buy that :)

Share This Page