Need help with iPhone 3G issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dmetz283, Aug 5, 2010.

1. dmetz283 macrumors member

I am experiencing a few issues with my iPhone 3G. I am using the iOS 4 operating system.

The 1st issue is my iPhone restarted/rebooted by itself when I was installing a app.

The second issue is that it took a long time to restart (it was stuck at the apple logo)

These are the 2 issues that I know of right now.

Also it did take a while for itunes to detect my phone.
    Also I do not have a warranty,

What should I do?

Thanks!

2. Resist macrumors 68030

Allowing iOS4 on the iPhone 3G was the biggest mistake Apple ever did. Could be Apple did this to push 3G owners into upgrading to the iPhone 4, who knows.

But I would completely shut down your iPhone and let it sit for half an hour or so. Then start it up and do a sync and backup with iTunes. My iPhone 3G gets stuck on the Apple logo at times and after a sync it seems to get cleared up.

3. dmetz283 thread starter macrumors member

I've heard the rebooting by itself could be a battery problem, do I need to replace the battery?

Also, another problem that i only today was when my phone was connected to the usb charger it didn't look like it was charging and it had the fully charged icon when it was about 40%.

Thanks!

4. Resist macrumors 68030

I am not sure if you need to replace the battery or not. I never heard that rebooting itself could be a battery problem.

When you said your iphone was on the USB charger, was that charger plugged into a wall outlet or your computer? I seem to have better luck getting a "real" full charge out of the wall for some reason.

But lately I also have been having issues with how much charge my iPhone 3G actually has. At times the battery level indicator will show a full charge and then the device dies on me expectantly. Then when I connect it to the charger, it shows that the battery was low.

5. dmetz283 thread starter macrumors member

I charge through the wall. Is there any way you can tell if something is wrong with the battery?

Thanks!

6. iFixYouri macrumors member

downgrade to 3.1.3 :)

4.0 runs slooooowwwwww on 3g.

7. leemurrayking macrumors newbie

leemurrayking

I had many problems when i upgraded to iso4 & iso4.01,

was slow operating anything, apps would crash, when making or recieving calls the screen would go blank when next to ear (normal i know) but when call finished screen was still blank, only way to end call was to hit sleep button,

thought about downgrading but seems way too much hassel,

In the end i plugged into itunes and hit restore, once restored it asked which back up i wanted to load (showed July this year & Dec last year) thought ****** it, loaded last year.

and now my phone runs faster better stronger than before, but still with version ios4.01.

might be worth giving it a go, if you have older back up version. :):)