Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timek4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
So basically was updating my friends phone to 5.1.1 I updated it with custom firmware with no bb, I think I put a old bootrom on when it was a new bootrom. It works but its tethered even when using the latest firmware of redsn0w I used and rocky racoon wont work for me either.

Tried restoring with the new bootrom in pwnd dfu mode that didn't work kept getting the iphone not eligible for requested build error.

Then I just booted from tethered and tried restoring using itunes normal restore , keep getting the 1600 error. Dont know what to do now really stuck

Thanks for any help in advance.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
So basically was updating my friends phone to 5.1.1 I updated it with custom firmware with no bb, I think I put a old bootrom on when it was a new bootrom. It works but its tethered even when using the latest firmware of redsn0w I used and rocky racoon wont work for me either.

Tried restoring with the new bootrom in pwnd dfu mode that didn't work kept getting the iphone not eligible for requested build error.

Then I just booted from tethered and tried restoring using itunes normal restore , keep getting the 1600 error. Dont know what to do now really stuck

Thanks for any help in advance.

You cannot manipulate the bootrom.
Additionally, if you try to restore with the wrong firmware, it will fail.

timek4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
You cannot manipulate the bootrom.
Additionally, if you try to restore with the wrong firmware, it will fail.

I see.

But rocky racoon wont work and when i try a restore using a proper ipsw it just gives me a 1600 error ( have tried every fix ) or a device is not edigble for request build error.

timek4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
The No_BB restores using Refsn0w on PC are not working yet

You can use the old stitching method, pwnedDFU

I'm using mac sorry should have mentioned that.

Could you link me to a tutorial never heard of that?

When I install rocky racoon, it gives me "return to cydia" not "reboot device" which I think is why it's not working. Is there a fix for that do you know?

timek4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
What firmware are you trying to jailbreak ?

If you want to jailbreak a device on 5.1.1, you use Redsn0w or Absinthe 2.0.4 to do so.

RockyRacoon is installed as part of 5.1.1 jailbreak, no need to re-install it.

To jailbreak iOS6 (3GS/iPhone4 only), use Redsn0w, not RockyRacoon

For a restore of 3GS on 5.x.x

http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=25150

I have used the latest version of redsn0w but its only giving me a tethered jailbreak, and when I go to install rocky racoon, it will not work either.

I can't use absinthe because I cannot get it to do a fresh restore of 5.1.1 from apple because I keep getting error's, I have tried editing hosts, tiny umbrella and I still get a 1600 error.

timek4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
If you saved 5.x.x hashes, you need to restore it, then jailbreak it.

Got it back to 4.1

I will leave it there. I dont have blobs for 5.1.1 and dont want to go to iOS 6

Is there anyway of upgrading to 5.1.1 without the blobs no? and being able to jailbreak and unlock

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.