Need help with iPhone 5 case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by GBrooksy, Jan 6, 2013.

1. GBrooksy macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Just was wondering if someone could help me with finding an iPhone 5 case or suggestions of any that meet my criteria. I've spent days looking through eBay but I just get a headache of scrolling through all the tripe trying to find any gems.
    Needs to be suitable for skiing. I prefer blacks, gunmetal types, matte or shiny. Have a budget of around £10 or so, don't mind paying a little more for a branded one. I don't need it to be fully waterproof as I'm not really clumsy. I would prefer it to be slim, lightweight and have a backing to it rather than a bumper..

I quite like the look of these but can't justify the price tag on them.
    http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5/iphone-5-case-slim-armor.html

Thanks in advance.

2. buddybd macrumors 6502

That's a pretty good case for the money, you'll find tons of cases which don't look and protect as well but still costs more/same.

I suggest you go for it or wait till they have another promotion or something. I got mine with 25% off, so worth it!

3. RealRedRaider macrumors newbie

Best iphone 5 case !!!

I bought the Metal Slate version the day they were released, the best case yet that I've owned for any of my iPhones, period! Very thin and unobtrusive, like a case is not being used, yet offers very good protection. My fiancé is dumping her pink/white OtterBox Commuter (way too bulky) and going with the Satin Silver!

Do not hesitate, buy it!

I'll setup my D90 in the studio and post some pics shortly!

4. GBrooksy, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013

GBrooksy thread starter macrumors newbie

5. RealRedRaider, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013

RealRedRaider macrumors newbie

The upper and lower portions are black and the center section of my Metal Slate case resembles the existing color already on the iPhone 5. People that say the Metal Slate case is "gray" are color blind or have never personally seen one!

Buy what you want, but in my opinion (owned 3G / 4S / 5 - with lots of different cases) this is the best protection, without pronouncing it, that I have come across.

My first iphone 5 case was the Acase Superleggera Pro Fit, which I did not like!

----------

The Thin Air is just a piece of plastic, worthless IMHO! I bought one for my sons iPhone 5 and returned it the next day, zero protection and kinda shoddy. Bought him a Metal Slate, just like mine! ;)

6. naths macrumors 6502

An iphone 5 depending on which version you've got can range between £529 to £699 surely just spending a tenner is a bit scrimpy??....no offence meant, iv just bought a lifeproof fre, for £70 ( mines perfect despite the problems some people have had), not risking damaging an expensive bit of kit.....you can get a slim armor for £17 on e-bay, worth every penny!!!

7. Kisey macrumors 6502a

What did you not like about the superleggera?

8. RealRedRaider macrumors newbie

First off the color. I was looking for a sturdy case in RED at that time, what I received was a case that is some kinda wine color, not to mention the case is not of a build quality I prefer. Way too flimsy and loose fitting on the phone. It will be going up on eBay soon!