need help with iphone explorer

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by i hate phones, Aug 20, 2010.

1. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

so far i've just been using ifile to do mild tweaks here and there, but i'm interested in being able to use my desktop, so i downloaded iphone explorer, connected my iphone and could see my files. i'm on a pc.

i'm new at this so i'm hoping i'm just overlooking something, but i'm having issues with .png files. they don't show in the preview box in iphone explorer, if i open them with a different program like windows picture viewer or whatever its called i just get a blank white screen and in photoshop cs2 i get this error msg "could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file"

what do i need to do??

thanks

2. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

The png's on the iPhone are encoded slightly differently for optimization reasons. Have a look here for how to change them a viewable format.

3. celticpride678

iPhone PNG files are in an encrypted format. Google how to view them on a computer.

You can download iFile on your iPhone and it will show the PNG's perfectly fine.

4. i hate phones thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks... do you need to do anything special before putting your own/modified .png files on the iphone?

5. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Nope, the phone will read them fine.

6. i hate phones thread starter macrumors 6502a

i'm slowly trying to explore the world of theming, creating or at least modifying already created ones... not sure what the best tools/programs to use are. i've been usuaing ifile on my phone and its fine with pngs but i want to modify or create new ones.

7. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Well that stuff is outside the scope of this forum, perhaps you should look on the modmyi or macthemes forums where a lot of theming talk goes on.

8. i hate phones thread starter macrumors 6502a

will do, thanks for your help :)