Need Help with iPhone restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mterres, Oct 1, 2015.

1. mterres macrumors newbie

So I plugged my girlfriends daughters iPhone into her Mac the other day and backed it up to iTunes through the macbook. Tonight I plugged in my girlfriends phone into her mac, updated her software and backed it up. Now this is the first time that either phone has ever been plugged in and backed up. Now the problem..Itunes wiped my girlfriends phone, and restored it with all of her daughters info, apps, texts, etc.. I need to reverse this so that I can get back all of my girlfriends texts, pictures, apps, etc. Unfortunately she never backed up to her iCloud because there was no space.. Is there any way to get back her stuff like texts, pictures? Can they do it at apple store? Can att&t bring up her old text messages? Reason this is so important there were text messages that are needed for a divorce hearing.. Please help and thank you...

2. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

You're not going to able to "reverse" this. If you're lucky, AT&T might be able to get the texts, but it won't be easy. You'll need to contact them, obviously.

Now the bigger question... Why was information "needed" for a divorce hearing not backed up in multiple locations? Having "no space" is a poor reason. And for that matter, what's she going to do? Wave her phone in from of a judge? This should be printed off and archived.

C