Need help with iPhones.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
Ok so I've had every generation iPhone, yet they've always been on AT&Ts network.
When the next generation iPhone is released.. I'm considering switching to either Sprint or Verizon. To anybody who uses either of them, do they allow free tethering/personal hotspotting?

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Ok so I've had every generation iPhone, yet they've always been on AT&Ts network.
When the next generation iPhone is released.. I'm considering switching to either Sprint or Verizon. To anybody who uses either of them, do they allow free tethering/personal hotspotting?
Verizon will have free tethering because you will have to do the Share Everything plan, which includes tethering... Also, I do not like Sprint, they don't have LTE yet and their 3G is bad... Are you in a Verizon LTE area??

jetblk328i

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2010
Verizon is an option if you are fine with the sharing plans. For me, I'll stick with individual plans and AT&T.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Or you could Jailbreak the phone and pay $5 for TetherMe....

ADDITIONAL: $5 one time fee... just be smart about how much you tether.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Pretty much all postings here are about iphone. Most are about "help". It would help you to be more descriptive in your next posting about your question. Might get more answers.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
Pretty much all postings here are about iphone. Most are about "help". It would help you to be more descriptive in your next posting about your question. Might get more answers.
Ok, well yes I'm in an LTE area. I could either switch to Verizon as an individual plan, or as a Family/shared plan. The only thing is, the person I'd be "sharing" with, isn't interested in a smartphone. Therefore he doesn't want to pay for data.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Don't switch to Sprint; LTE won't be widespread enough. Even though there's unlimited data, it's not as fast as the other carriers.