Need help with iPhones.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Southernboyj, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Ok so I've had every generation iPhone, yet they've always been on AT&Ts network.
    When the next generation iPhone is released.. I'm considering switching to either Sprint or Verizon. To anybody who uses either of them, do they allow free tethering/personal hotspotting?

2. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Verizon will have free tethering because you will have to do the Share Everything plan, which includes tethering... Also, I do not like Sprint, they don't have LTE yet and their 3G is bad... Are you in a Verizon LTE area??

3. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

Verizon is an option if you are fine with the sharing plans. For me, I'll stick with individual plans and AT&T.

4. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Or you could Jailbreak the phone and pay $5 for TetherMe....

ADDITIONAL: $5 one time fee... just be smart about how much you tether.

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Pretty much all postings here are about iphone. Most are about "help". It would help you to be more descriptive in your next posting about your question. Might get more answers.

6. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Ok, well yes I'm in an LTE area. I could either switch to Verizon as an individual plan, or as a Family/shared plan. The only thing is, the person I'd be "sharing" with, isn't interested in a smartphone. Therefore he doesn't want to pay for data.

7. batting1000 macrumors 604

Don't switch to Sprint; LTE won't be widespread enough. Even though there's unlimited data, it's not as fast as the other carriers.