Need help with iPhoto books

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adamvk, Jul 18, 2009.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

So I want to make a book using iPhoto, and I'm just wondering about a few things.

1) How good is the image quality in general, and also how good is it with darker images? I attached a sample of what I need to know if it will look good or not.

[​IMG]

2) How thick is the paper they use? I read one review that said it was like a magazine, which would not be good.

3) Is the flap cover the same thing that shows up on the cover of the actual hard book? iPhoto had a "Cover," "Inside Flap," and then it starts with page "1," but it seems like page one may be the cover for the actual book, I'm not too sure.....

[​IMG]

4) Also I don't use all of the text boxes, and when I don't use them boxes appear around them. I'm assuming they wont print, but I just want to make sure since I'm buying this $50 book.

Thanks for the help.

I'm using iPhoto '09 FYI.

2. AeroBar macrumors 6502a

I made a photo book at Christmas for my mother using iPhoto 6.

it is is excellent. very, very nice. the first photo should be fine.
    paper was nice, but don't recalled its thickness.
    can't help with rest I'm afraid as that would be iLife '09, sorry.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

1.) The quality is very good, and it should fare well with that photo.

2.) I've ordered two books, both have very thick paper. I'm not sure what the weight is, but it's not like magazine. It is a somewhat glossy paper.

3.) The book has a paper cover, much like most hardcover books, that wraps around. If yours turns out like mine, it will have just the text printed on the hard cover of the book.

Page 1 is not the cover, but the first page of the book. I guess it is most like an inside cover.

4.) Try to delete the text boxes, if they have a border, it may print an empty box.