Need help with iPhoto library..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by IxWiNdxI, Apr 10, 2011.

1. IxWiNdxI macrumors newbie

So today I did something really stupid..
    I want to edited some of my photos from iPhoto on Adobe lightroom, so I went online and read some articles on how to do that..

So this is what I did.. I went to the iPhoto library folder and created an alias for the folder containing the photos, then dragged it out to desktop and imported my files to lightroom from there. I forgot to change how I wanted to import to lightroom and it was set to move (moved my files from the folder into lightroom's own folder)

Now that all my files are gone from the original folder, when I try to open the photos in iPhoto now, theres nothing..

The photos are still on my iPhone, iI know if I sync now it might delete all the photos on my iPhone, is it possible to sync the photos from my iPhone to my computer, instead of syncing from computer to iPhone?

2. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

There are applications to copy files from an iPhone to a computer, I got PhoneView with some bundle for example. But keep in mind that the photos synced to your iPhone are optimized for the phone, i.e. recompressed and in a lower resolution than the originals. Just try sending a synced photo from the iPhone via e-mail and you'll see.

What have you done with them in Lightroom? Can't you get them back from there?

For the future; you might want to consider using Time Machine or equivalent, especially before following advice and guides from random posters on Internet (me included).

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Two ways to edit photos, that are in iPhoto, on an external editor. One, drag the photo out of iPhoto into the application, or set in iPhoto's preferences the external application that you want to use to edit.