Need help with iphoto!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by blueicedj, Aug 21, 2007.

1. blueicedj macrumors 6502

Ok, so on my PC I had everything organized in folders and subfolders...like I would have a folder called trips, and inside it would be a folder called, trip to Santa Cruz, or Trip to San Francisco...

Is there any way that you can do this in iphoto instead of having all of them just be out there.

I have another question, is there any way to hide an entire event?

My last question is where are the photo's located on the hard drive...I can't find the files anywhere.

2. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

At the moment I can answer your last question, they are located in the iPhoto Library under the Pictures Folder in Finder.

3. blueicedj thread starter macrumors 6502

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Right click (ctrl+click) Show Package Contents

5. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

look for your pictures in users>you>pictures>iPhoto Library... burt don't try just adding new pics to there. iPhoto has to import them while running (drag and drop)

In iPhoto you can make new folders and create albums to keep in them, as far as invisible albums, no, but you can have multiple libraries with a few different third party apps. I use iPhotoLibraryManager.;)

6. blueicedj thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the help. figured out how to hide an entire event, you have to hide all the photo's in that event to do it. I guess I can get used to not having sub-categories...although it does feel a bit unorganized.