Need help with Ipod

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nutch, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Nutch macrumors newbie

Jan 30, 2012
    Hello everyone,

I made an account on this forum especially for this problem i have with my iPod touch. About a month ago, i jailbreaker my 5.0.1 ipod touch with redsn0w (Tethered). For some reason, my iPod turned off by itself last week ago. Now, i can't open any app or safari, they open for about a second before bringing me back to the apps. My computer and Itunes won't recognize it, so i can't restore it. I tried the reset function in the iPod but it just freezes with a loading sign. When i plug it, it charges but the battery icon won't show the battery being charged. I searched everywhere and seen nothing like it. I hope someone on the forum can help me with this.

Sorry if my english is bad, it is not my native language.
  2. aasia1019 macrumors newbie

Dec 26, 2011
    maybe you can get your ipod to apple store where you boght it. hope it helps.
  3. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

Sep 16, 2011

You are tethered. You need to put the iPod in DFU mode, then restore. After that, re-jailbreak with the untethered RedSnow.

Since you are tethered, the Semi-Tether app lets you reboot until you can reboot through Redsnow tethered.