need help with isight camera

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nadasive, May 15, 2008.

1. Nadasive macrumors 6502

my isight camera isnt working with boot camp windows vista ultimate
    about a day after i installed windows vista on my macbook pro my camera stopped working , it works fine on mac os x leopard
    i try to start video conference with some people through windows live messenger and it says that no camera detected every time, the first couple hours that i had windows vista installed, the camera worked great and there where some times that it didn't work and i re-started my computer and it worked, but starting yesterday my camera hasn't been working and its driving me nuts

so far i've uninstalled bootcamp off of windows vista and then re-intsalled it
    but nothing happened

when i go to device manager it doesn't show the isight apple camera
    any where on there list

but a bit lower it shows a category called "Other Devices" and in it it says "Unidentified Device"

heres another thing, when i restarted my computer, windows would ask if it wants to install the driver software for the "unidentified Device" when i click yes to search for it it doesnt find anything
    theres an option where i can manually choose the driver but i dont know which one is the isight apple camera driver or where to get it from, is it inside the mac os x leopard dvd??

can somebody help me out this is driving me nuts

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

You need to run the leopard dvd after you've done boot camp to install all necessary drivers for your mac, have you done that?

3. Nadasive thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I have when i said i had uninstalled boot camp and re-installed it i ment that
    i uninstalled the drivers and then re-installed it

4. Nadasive thread starter macrumors 6502

Nevermind i got it fixed, it took me 5 hours to get it too work