Need help with ispazz?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BlizZ10, Jun 16, 2007.

1. BlizZ10 macrumors member

Hey

i just recieved my new macbook pro a few days ago and i love it... im still getting use to the operating system since this is my first mac.... ive been figuring out many things sometimes fast (but mostly takes a while lol)

anyway my question is... i dont know how to uncompress a file and i decided to see ispazz but i cant uncompress or extract the bundle file... anyone want to fill me in???

thx, blizz

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's a zip file, isn't it? OS X can uncompress zip files without any special software. You should be able to double click on it, and the uncompressed bundle will show up in the same folder as the zip file. If it seemed like nothing happened, look around in the folder and see if there's a subfolder with the same name as the zip file or anything like that -- that's probably where it decompressed to. If that doesn't work, right click it, and you should have an option to uncompress it.

3. BlizZ10 thread starter macrumors member

its a bundle file not a zip file and ive never heard of a bundle file

um ive tried double clicking it and it just comes up with itunes

i currently have the bundle on my desktop and when i right click the only options are:
    open
    open with
    print
    get info
    show package contents (i tried this but for some reason when i put it in the itunes plug-in file it doesnt work with itunes)
    move to trash
    make archive
    disable folder actions
    configure folder actions

4. BlizZ10 thread starter macrumors member

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The bundle file *is* the decompressed file that was originally inside the zip file. :p

Now you just follow the directions on the ispazz site:

You put that bundle file in this folder:

~/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/

So just open your home folder, then open the library folder, ... and then drop it in the iTunes Plug-Ins folder. Quit iTunes and restart.

6. Mono182 macrumors newbie

hey, i'm having the same problem, except i downloaded a visualizer for itunes.
    i dragged the .bundle file into the itunes plugins folder and restarted itunes.
    except nothing happened. i can run the new visualizer and it doesn't appear in the view > visualizer slot
    only the preset itunes visualizer is there
    any advice?

7. MomoG macrumors newbie

Help

Does iSpazz work on Snow Leopard? I have a Macbook Pro.
    I've downloaded the file and placed the bundle in iTunes Plug-ins. I restarted iTunes, but the visualizer doesn't show up as an option. Am I missing something?

8. kittykilljoy macrumors newbie

the same thing is happening to me and it is really annoying. I just want my keyboard to light up >.< can anyone tell me what to do? the files arent zipped or anything. I moved them to the itunes plug-ins folder and restarted my iTunes. When i clicked on visualizer the backlight option didn't show up.