Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdawid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
I just updated my iTunes to 11.02 and now have an issue. All songs in my library have the explanation mark next to them and it's telling me that it can't locate the song. I am able to see all my music in my iTunes folder under my user folder. How can I relink my entire library and hopefully not lose it?

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the update?

Please help. Thanks.

Baklava

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Germany
Sounds strange. I would launch iTunes by pressing alt and manually chose the library. Maybe this fixes the problem.

mdawid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
I still have no idea how this happened. But, I was able to successfully relocate 95% of my songs quickly. I located one the manual way and clicked to locate rest of library. This method found all but 65 songs. I guess I will have to manually add each one. Strange

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I will jump in here with a different question, i have found that with this version that i can no longer delete songs from the cloud. It gives the the option to"Also hide these items in iCloud" , but i swear it used to say delete.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-21 at 8.01.23 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-21 at 8.01.23 PM.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 49

JohnnyComeLatly

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
I will jump in here with a different question, i have found that with this version that i can no longer delete songs from the cloud. It gives the the option to"Also hide these items in iCloud" , but i swear it used to say delete.

It did. There was an album I accidentally purchased and it's an album I will never listen to. I deleted it and then it gives you a warning like your screenshot that allowed you to also delete from the cloud. If I recall, it also warned that if you deleted from the cloud as well, any subsequent download would be treated as new (e.g. you're paying for the song a second time).

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
It did. There was an album I accidentally purchased and it's an album I will never listen to. I deleted it and then it gives you a warning like your screenshot that allowed you to also delete from the cloud. If I recall, it also warned that if you deleted from the cloud as well, any subsequent download would be treated as new (e.g. you're paying for the song a second time).

Thanks, i feel better knowing that others notice the change. Maybe it does not matter but i kind of liked the "delete" better.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
Thanks, i feel better knowing that others notice the change. Maybe it does not matter but i kind of liked the "delete" better.

I can confirm the change was also made to the German version.

Maybe there even was some kind of a legal background to change the wording. I remember several times I deleted a track and again added it some time later - it immediately appeared as uploaded again. So there seems to exist some kind of buffering, which is quite normal for any database as it's not being reorganized every day...but that's just a guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.