Need Help with iTunes artworks (1 album-multiple covers)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacGiver, Sep 23, 2007.

1. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

Another question...i have loaded covers for al my albums but in several albums i have the cover diplayed multiple times for the same album...the songs are splitted....like song 1,2 with cover, songs 3 to 6 with the same cover...a.s.o.
    I have checked all names, spaces, etc...they are the same but still i have this "syndrom".

Do you know how to modify this? see the screen shot...

Attached Files:

2. bartelby macrumors Core

You need to check the info for the tracks to make sure they are all the same, except the track names, of course.

3. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thx, not sure what you mean but have a look at this, all tracks look OK...

Attached Files:

4. bartelby macrumors Core

Select "Is This Love" then hit :apple:+i to get the Info panel.
    have a look at all the boxes.

Now select "Three Little Birds" and have a look at the Info panel.

Are there any differences?

5. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried to copy/paste the album title on all songs to make sure i had no diff...like no spaces and now it is even more spread...look at the three screen shot...first is showing 2 songs from the same album with not under the same cover...and then the 2 other pics are the info of each of the 2 songs...i dont see any diff except the title...i am quiet confused...any clue?

Attached Files:

6. bartelby macrumors Core

The only thing I can think is the "Track x of x" boxes.
    Have you tried making sure both are filled in for all the tracks?
    Other than that I'm completely stumped.

7. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

If you have the artwork you may want to try selecting all of the tracks at the same time and setting the album artwork ... may help. Otherwise you could also try using the compilation check box.

8. iTim314 macrumors 6502

iTunes can sometimes be extremely picky with the info. In many cases, I've had the same issue. iTunes will see a stray space as a whole different artist or ablum.

Example: Here's two entries between the quotations.
    "Linkin Park"
    "Linkin Park "

Though it may look identical, iTunes sees it as two different Linkin Parks.

Solution: Select every song in the album. Remove all the info from the album, and replace with identical information except for Title and Track Number, not 'out of,' that should also be the same as the rest.

Hope this helps.

9. UncleSchnitty macrumors 6502a

UncleSchnitty

I have the same problem, I've found that even if every thing is exactly the same you can still run into this problem. If you come up with a solution let me know and of course I will let you know if I run across anything.

10. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I have spent far too much time on Album Artwork.

It references the Album/Album Artists Fields. So use the above post and ensure there are no differences (ie extra space)

Then I highlight all applicable songs and use Amazon Album Art

11. UncleSchnitty macrumors 6502a

UncleSchnitty

I myself have checked for all those differences (extra spaces, extra artwork, sorting info...) I assume at this point its a glitch that has to do with the type of encoding or ID tag??? Maybe?

12. dvd macrumors regular

dvd

Whenever this happens to me, I find one set of tracks is set up with something like DISK 1 of 1 while the other set has no DISK X OF Y info set. They are easy fields to overlook.

13. UncleSchnitty macrumors 6502a

UncleSchnitty

Nope, all triple checked. I'm really thinking it has something to do with as I said before Encoding, Tags or maybe even a glitch in those .its files that are in iTunes> Album Artwork.

14. UncleSchnitty macrumors 6502a

UncleSchnitty

I just came up with a quick fix (though I would still like to figure out why it happens in the first place)...

Select all the songs on the album at once,
    then Control click and hit get info,
    Click Compilation then save

After that all the artwork consolidates.

Still if anyone knows why this is an issue let me know

15. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

When I come across really frustrating ones I select ALL > Get Info > Remove ALL entries including Artwork > Press OK

then they will disperse everywhere in your Library so make sure you don't click away immediately COMMAND + I and put things in properly.

16. calculus Guest

calculus

On a side note, you do know that's not the right cover for the Legend album?

17. yashrg macrumors regular

yashrg

I am having the same problem. Anyone found a fix yet? I could do the compilation thing, but I don't want the files to go to itunes music>compilations>

18. yashrg macrumors regular

yashrg

When I imported the same songs in another itunes library, the album was shown with only one cover. SO I know the id3 tags are right. so I just exported the songs from my existing library as an xml file so that all my play count and ratings stay put. deleted the songs from my library, NOT deleted the files. then just went file>import and imported the xml file and tada! everything is as it should be.:D

19. fosters005 macrumors newbie

fosters005

Multiple cover fix

Hi, Had the same problem. Select all of the songs in Itunes then use the "Get Information" (command I) and reenter the correct album title and artist -- even if it's already correct. Hit "ok" and that should do it. Be careful with multiple disc albums; do each one separately.

20. WalkAmongWolves macrumors newbie

Fix

So I had the EXACT same problem. I had named and renamed the artist, album, genre etc. over and over again but they still came up as multiple album covers. Ok so select all the songs from the album and go to "get info" then change Artist and Album to its original name but add a character to the end of it. This should consolidate them into one album. Once they consolidate, go back and rename them correctly. I think the problem is some sort of memory glitch in itunes...

I had multiple "Wisp" albums under both "Wisp" and "wisp". When I renamed them all together under "Wisp" it made all the albums double....so I used my fix from above and it was all fine. I think the problem is that when I renamed them under one, Itunes was not only displaying the newly changed albums but the 'wisp" ones as well. Does that make any sense?

21. kingrah1 macrumors newbie

I Found A Solution!!!

I figured it out!! :D
    select the songs from your library, delete them from your library(not your computer), then re-add them and it will be fixed.
    UPDATE: the playcount will be reset though
    i think the problem is with how itunes keeps track of your library information, i dont think it is the actual song
    IMPORTANT UPDATE: actually, i found a way to rebuild your library, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1451 try doing this before deleting then re-adding-this may keep you from losing the playcount

22. kingrahfan macrumors newbie

Thank you, Kingrah!

Hi Kingrah! I spent five/six minutes on here just to register and thank you for finding the ULTIMATE solution to this problem.

You are an amazing person and an amazing guide!

Thank you,

F M

23. LaMuzeek macrumors newbie

wow, it works! i would cry if i wasn't so displeased w/ steve jobs and iTunes. i was about to change religions over this.

thank you.

24. delaford321 macrumors newbie

Thanks for that fix for that! I have a Christina Agularia album that is SO NOT HER on the cover, but couldn't figure out how to make it different.:cool:

25. Sam Cropper macrumors newbie

I've had exactly the same problem, but I think i've found an easier way.
    Select all from the album (Both artwork groups)
    R. Click Get info
    Delete album name
    OK.
    Right click
    Enter album name.
    OK.

Done xx