Need help with iTunes/iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dyrelogan, Dec 12, 2011.

1. dyrelogan macrumors newbie

Is anyone having the issue where you uncheck music from iTunes yet it is not removed from the iPod? I have unchecked several bands and they still remain on the iPod. I make sure I uncheck everything from the artist to all their albums where nothing is selected, yet when I sync, the albums and artist are still on the iPod. Getting frustrating. I have updated to the latest iOS on all my devices and the latest iTunes.

2. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Did you choose to sync only checked music?

I suspect that's your problem . . .

3. Chi-mex macrumors member

You might want to click on your itouch, go to music, and scroll to the bottom. There should be a list of the songs that you have added (as long they were not synced because they are part of a playlist, or that you synced songs from an album or specific artist). Highlight the ones you dont want, and delete.

If you cant get anything to work, go on teh itouch, music, songs, then slide your finger to teh right and hit delete on teh songs you dont want.
    I find teh easiest way to manage music to make 1 or 2 playlists and put only the songs you want in them, and then sync those.

4. dyrelogan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you both for your help. The artists in question are not the automatic downloads, they are from CD's that I ripped. I will definitely do the unchecking of each artist. However, I have noticed that iTunes will remove most, but not some. Like I go down the list, uncheck an artist, then uncheck all their albums and I see the progress bar below decrease. Then I choose another artist and all their albums and the progress bar stays put and the albums and artist are still on my iPod. It is quite frustrating. I do not want to go to each artist individually on my iPod and delete them. But if I must until Apple addresses this issue, then I must.