Need help with iTunes (Library issue)...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacGiver, Sep 23, 2007.

1. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I am a new mac user and have wanted to move my music from my iPod to my MBP iTunes library. I have dowloaded Senuti and copied all my music on the iTunes Music Folder where my iTunes setting (in the advanced tab on the preferences menu) showed the music would be in...

Everything went OK and all my music is in the Itunes Music Folder but now when i open iTunes the library is still empty?

How come i cannot read my music through the library?

Thanks for your help,
    X

2. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

you need in "import" it into iTunes. Turn off the "keep folder organized" and "copy to iTunes directory" option in iTunes and than choose import. Import the directory and they will all show up. Might take some time depending on how big your directory is.

3. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you, in the meantime i took and dragged the folders in iTunes music to the music library...it worked fine. I hope i did not mess up with anything and the result is the same

4. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

that could work as well. lol

What I tend to do when moving the library is turn on the keep directory organized and than let iTunes re-index and copy the files so they are organized. Of course there are several ways to do it and it sounds like your way worked good.