Need help with Itunes on basically new macbook!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pup555, Feb 2, 2012.

1. pup555, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012

pup555 macrumors newbie

So my hard drive failed and i backed up the computer. Trying to put my music back on the comp but i think i am ****ed.

I put my music into my library..but now to play it i need to authorize my computer. Heres where the issue is...it's saying i need to authorize it with my old old email...that i don't even have anymore. I used my new email when i got the mac..but now it won't take the new email..keeps asking for it for the old email which i don't have anymore..what gives? I can't authorize anything on itunes and can't transfer purchases...umm what should i do?

Or is there a program where i can get everything off of my iphone to my itunes...but it would still probably need to be authorized right? This sucks..i knew this would happen

2. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

You have to authorize it with whatever email your DRM iTunes is linked to. You don't need to actually have access to the old email inbox, just the email and the password. After you get access, you should be able to change it to something newer.

3. pup555 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thing is..i don't know the password..and when i try and reset password...my date of birth isn't in there for some reason.....do you think if i talked to apple support they could help me find it?

Also..if say i downloaded the app to take the music off of my iphone to put on my itunes...do i still need to authorize it..or no?

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Maybe - we are not Apple Support