Need help with iTunes please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bman3221, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Bman3221 macrumors member

i was cleaning my hard drive and i think i deleted some songs off the library. All of them still appear on the list but some wont play. The albums i purchased off of iTunes are also not working (over $100 worth of music). I still have all of the music on my iTouch. Is there anyway I can import the ones that i lost on my iTunes transferring from my iTouch, so i wont lose music? I would really appreciate it if you could help, Thanks!

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you can use Senuti to transfer songs from your iPod to iTunes. before you do that youll need to make a list of which songs you deleted and then remove them from your library otherwise you will get duplicates :eek:.

3. Bman3221 thread starter macrumors member

so i cant just transfer them from my iTouch to iTunes?

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

5. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

iTunes will only restore from an iPod songs bought from the iTunes store. To restore other content you will need Senuti or another iPod manager.

6. Bman3221 thread starter macrumors member

how do u do that?? Those are the main ones i lost

7. Bman3221 thread starter macrumors member

i tried senuti, but it doesnt read my itouch...i followed the instructions...maybe its only for iPods, not itouches....is there any other alternatives?

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

iTunes will normally prompt you if it finds purchased songs on your iPod that aren't in your library. I think in your case it's not prompting you because you still have the "link" sitting in iTunes. Try deleting one of your purchased songs from your iTunes library, then connect your iPod and see whether it copies the song back.