Need help with Itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Keane Fan, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Keane Fan macrumors member

Okay so call me retarded (no don't) but I'm slightly confused.

Whenever I had an Ipod, I'd have my music library all stored on it and if i connected that ipod to ANOTHER computer all of the data would be erased. Does anyone know how I can prevent this from happening? I am wondering because I am getting a new laptop for college so I don't want a similar situation to happen which would result in me re-uploading for hours and HOURS!

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Transfer your current iTunes library to the new computer and authorize it for your iTunes account before you plug in the iPod again.

3. Edgarbug macrumors newbie

Itunes help!

Apologies if this has been covered before somewhere else, but I can't find the answer.

My iTunes library is/ was stored on a PC (I know, I know - but I was waiting for it to die before upgrading to a Mac).

Well, the damn thing has now died, completely. In a way that only a PC can. Think of a large Dell branded paper weight and you get the idea.

I am stuck with a couple of iPods and a MacBook Pro and can't transfer the contents of the iPods onto the MBP.

Any solutions?

Many thanks!