Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stephie8081

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2012
I am currently enrolled in online classes which uses a chat software called Wimba. I have had nothing but problems with this on my Mac. Now I am new to Mac and bought my first one in Sept 2011. It does have Lion. Going from a PC to a Mac I am still very much confused on how things work. I have attached a screenshot of the error. It makes it so I am not allowed to type in chat and it also turns off the audio so as the professor is talking it shut off. Then it sends the error message and then as I click the boxed closed it attempts to reconnect. As it does this I am allowed to type and hear audio again. Within 15-20 seconds later it does this all over again.

Any words of advice? I have attempted looking this up online and all it tells me is to do a software update which I have done. I also restarted the browser, tried a different browser, deleted the Java cache and reopened it, restarted the computer and still coming up with the same errors. Any help would be much appreciated!

Stephanie

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-17 at 8.23.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-17 at 8.23.34 PM.png
    588.8 KB · Views: 115

iforbes

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
Do you have a firewall up and running?

Have you contacted your school's help desk to see if this is a known issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.