Need help with jb'd iPhone 4 4.0 stuck in reset mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mesa8699, Sep 24, 2010.

1. mesa8699 macrumors newbie

I have a iPhone 4 that has the 4.0 os I jb'd it with jailbreakme.com it worked .....
    Problem is I used "reset all settings" afterward to remove things I didn't want now it's stuck in reset mode I've gone through pretty much all the steps on here to reset ...used tinyumbrella, Shift+reset ,etc. does not work I recieve error messages first 3002 now 3194. not sure what to if anything.
    I do not know if SHSH saved by Cydia and the ECID does not show up in Tinyumbrella. Please Help me!!!

Do I need to Just bite the bullet and Reset/update or is there a way to get it back to the OS 4.0 that it was/is. I'm dumbfounded at this point that's why I'm asking 4 help....totally stuck.

2. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

try irecovery if not you gotta go to 4.1

3. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

What do you mean reset mode? Is it stuck at apple logo?

Download and run Tinyumbrella:
    1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
    2) check "Advanced Options."
    3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select the firmware version you want to restore to.
    4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
    5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
    6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and the firmware you can restore with. If it's not there, you can't restore to it.
    7) Start "TSS server," download firmware file somewhere (google) and restore through iTunes with that file.
    8) If you phone get stuck during the restore process, try "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.

4. mesa8699 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes It's stuck at apple logo....

I cannot tell if it is being detected by tinyumbrella
    no ECID showing up.....
    using restore to Iphone 4 4.0(8A293)
    not getting option to save SHSH
    not doing anything......

what is irecovery ? How do I use it?

Still getting Error 3194 in itunes

5. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Did you try saving your SHSH blobs, step 1-6?

6. mesa8699 thread starter macrumors newbie

Download and run Tinyumbrella:
    1) Make sure you Iphone is detected. = detected
    2) check "Advanced Options." = open
    3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select the firmware version you want to restore to. = restore to iphone 4 4.0 (8A293)
    4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer. = no option
    5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
    6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and the firmware you can restore with. If it's not there, you can't restore to it. = nothing listed
    7) Start "TSS server," download firmware file somewhere (google) and restore through iTunes with that file. error message 3194
    8) If you phone get stuck during the restore process, try "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.

I tried it's not giving me that option to save
    how do I get the ECID ...not getting it
    Do I need to be in DFU mode or itunes connect on phone ?
    tried both ....it detects device with connect to itunes screen ....but no option to save.
    no ECID showing up

7. Rakan macrumors member

When i first got my iphone 4, this happened. While 4.0.2 was out however luckily my phone was on 4.0.1. After jailbreaking i had done a reset and got stuck. I hit the home and powerbutton for blah blah blah, let the power button go and then the home button after 10 seconds. iTunes detected a phone in restore mode and hit shift restore and restored it to 4.0.1 withouth updating to 4.0.2. However i am pretty sure this wont work. Try getting to the point before restoring and try to work with tinyU. Once you have it you can run TSS, assuming you have the SHSH blobs, and restore to your current firmware, because apple isnt signing anything but 4.1.

8. mesa8699 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not giving me the option of clicking on save SHSH
    I think I found my ECID used http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=9192

I running tinyumbrella now
    still no luck.....not showing any files

I guess I'm SOL if anyone can think of something else let me know....otherwise I guess Reset @#$#

9. mesa8699 thread starter macrumors newbie

tried everything had to go to 4.1 .....i guess i get to wait 4 the jb to come out thank you for the help wish it had worked my fault for not saving SHSH ....live and learn::(:(:(