Need help with learning to use "iMovie 09"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mr. cob, Oct 24, 2010.

1. mr. cob macrumors newbie

Howdy All,

New Mac user here I hope I put this question in the right forum. Short of buying a printed book, is there a way to down load instructions on how to use iMovie 09 ? I have watched the tutorials but have a hard time remembering what to do and when to do it, I am much better at using an old style printed manual then I am at this new age computer stuff. So if anyone can direct me to a site that could be of help to me in learning how to use this new toy I sure would appreciate it, thanks.

Oh, quick follow up question, is the new imove 11, worth up grading too over the program that I now have and don't know how to use? Again thanks.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Try one of these by David Pogue. His books are excellent.

iMovie9 or 11? Depends really on what you want to do regarding editing audio/backing music. I have iMovie9 but still use iMovie6HD because of its better ability to play around with audio tracks. It seems that iMovie11 has had this ability restored.

Have a play with 9 first and if you can't do what you want with the audio, then consider the upgrade.

3. Laurencia7 macrumors 6502

Play with it, it's similar to Movie maker in Windows, but if movie maker was on steroids. I did a whole video on this, check it out at
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxxA3JlFdq8
    hope it helps, if not let me know.

*who changed my url, are we not allowed to show our own videos!*

4. smallnshort247 macrumors 6502a

smallnshort247

The best advice I could give would be to just sit down and play with it. Import some short videos and just play around with the settings. YouTube also hosts a ton of iMovie tutorial videos!

5. mr. cob thread starter macrumors newbie

Howdy All,

THANKS for the pointers, like I said I am new to the whole Mac thing and never thought of going to you tube to view videos on how to make this program work. Again, thanks.