Need Help with Lion !!!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by neel.j.patel, Nov 18, 2012.

1. neel.j.patel macrumors newbie

So I bought a 2009 Macbook White intel core 2 duo. I went ahead and bought a crucial v4 ssd to install. When I went to turn it on it came up with a question mark. I know I might have to partition the ssd drive or something correct with a adapter to usb? I also wanted to ask about how to download OS X Lion? I know if I walk into a Apple retail store they would install it for me and I have downloaded it a while back before! Any direct links for OS X Lion would be greatly appreciated:) Thanks for all your help!

2. Garen macrumors regular

Garen

You need to have an access to App Store to download the Lion. Is your MBP's old drive available if so you can download it and make a USB installation drive or use an external enclosure for the new SSD and proceed with installation. If you do a search here you will see every step in detail.

Garen

3. Edie Brickell macrumors member

You can download OS X lion directly from apple store. Last time I manage to create a bootable DVD of OS X lion but it did not work for me. Now I am going to reinstall Lion again from Apple store via wifi router.