Need help with Mac Icon

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by desi22601, May 28, 2008.

1. desi22601 macrumors member

Well i downloaded a nice pack of mac icons to use for my hd and folders etc.. ok so have the pics how do i change my folder to use that specific icon?

2. jmadlena Guest

Select the icon you want, Get Info (cmd-I), click on the icon in the upper left corner of the Get Info window, copy (cmd-c) and close the window.

Select the icon you want to change, Get Info (cmd-I), click the icon in the upper left corner of the Get Info window, paste (cmd-P). That should be it.

If you want to change folders system wide, I'm not sure how to do that. Maybe someone else will.

3. desi22601 thread starter macrumors member

what format does the icons have to be in?? i have some that are in .png and some that are in .ico but when i followed your instructions it didn't paste for some reason... hmm

4. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

As long as you see the icon it does not matter what format it is as you can copy any visible icon and paste it.

Just make sure in the get info windows that you have the icon in that window selected before copying and pasting, there should be a thin blue outline around the get info windows icon.

5. desi22601 thread starter macrumors member

6. metalray@mac.co macrumors member

metalray@mac.co

He meant (cmd-v)

That is unles you want to print (cmd-p) it -- lol