Need Help with Macbook May 2007

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by BlackMac1987, Aug 10, 2013.

1. BlackMac1987 macrumors newbie

Bought a Macbook off ebay got a sweet deal on it. This is my first time ever owning and Mac and I love every second of it.

To start off with,
    I added a 4gb Pc2-6200s Ram stick in there, it only reads 2gb i read that it can support up to 3gb of RAM? Am i wrong? anyways, The Cd/Dvd Superdrive kicks cds or dvds out (sony) after a few minutes or sometimes doesn't even detect. (when i first got it it was impossible to even get anything in there) I also Need a New battery because when i unplug it, it shuts off. (sites?) I want to run Lion on her, is it possible? Sory for the lengthy post.

2. chibiterasu macrumors 6502

chibiterasu

Right the easy stuff first, for the battery you want to find a official apple one either through apple or maybe ebay

Yes lion is the latest os it can run

It does sound like your SuperDrive is on its lasts legs so replacing that is the easiest way to fix that again I would suggest ebay

Yes you are right about the ram but I see that most people do this by installing a 1gb and a 2gb dim, http://eshop.macsales.com/Reviews/Framework.cfm?page=/Tips/macbookcore23gb/macbookcore23gb.html

Hope that helps