Need help with Macbook recognizing a camera

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by willkollmeyer, Dec 23, 2011.

1. willkollmeyer macrumors newbie

I have a White Macbook that I bought 4 years ago, and just recently I upgraded to OSX Lion 10.7.2. I have a Nikon d5100 DSLR, and it connected via USB just fine when I was running snow leopard. Since the upgrade to Lion, I cannot connect the camera, as it isn't found on my computer.

Iphoto does not recognize it, Image capture is no where to be found on my computer.

When I connect it to my friend's computer running snow leopard (newer macbook pro), it connects, is recognized, and imports photos fine.

SOMEONEEEE HELLLLLP MEEEEEE. I don't want to downgrade back to snow leopard, and I would love to use my thousand dollar camera lol.

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you looked on Nikon's support site for software updates or drivers?

3. minifridge1138 macrumors 6502a

Forgive me for asking, but do you have the camera turned on when you hook it up to your mac?

4. willkollmeyer thread starter macrumors newbie

Camera is on.

I looked for drivers from nikon, and there is a firmware update, looks like it says it solves issue with the memory card not being recognized. must be the issue. I'll post up tomorrow once I fix this issue. I have pictures on the camera I need take off before updating because it requires you to reset the memory card before updating the firmware.

Thanks all for your help.

5. willkollmeyer thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, no luck.

I updated the firmware on the camera and it still isn't recognized. Worked on my parents computer, which like the others is running snow leopard instead of lion.

Any other ideas?

Any help appreciated

6. willkollmeyer thread starter macrumors newbie

it seems weird to me that image capture is no where to be found on my computer. Should i re-install lion?